Sellers today always ask how to price their home to best realize the highest profits. Do you price high, super high, or at market and hope for multiple offers?
So which pricing strategy works best in a seller’s market?
Choose an experienced sharp real estate agent with a proven track record.
Meet with your agent to determine the actual market statistics you need to consider.
You want to know ….
- the average days on the market for your area;
- average days on the market for homes comparable to yours in the general area;
- closed sales prices of comparable properties in the last 30 days;
- if your home will be competing with new construction, and if so, how will that impact your home sale;
Have your agent assess the condition of your home as through a buyer’s eyes….
- Are there improvements that need to be made? We always say it’s worth putting a dime in if it will bring you an extra dollar out.
- Is there clutter or extra furniture that needs to be cleared out?
- How is the curb appeal? The rule of thumb is that buyers evaluate based on their first impression.
- What about needed repairs, or deferred maintenance?
Determine price with your agent. We are in the marketplace every single day and know which price points, areas, type of home brings multiple offers. Ask your agent about the impact, if any, they expect the home inspection, and appraisal will have on the final net to you.
Know that your Realtor wants you to sell your home in the shortest time possible, and make as much money as possible on the sale of your home.
Call us! We have years of experience, and know how to walk you through this market successfully.