Part 2 of 4: Cons of New Construction
- Weather always plays an important role in new construction. A lot of the process depends on the weather. Some delays are possible and out of builder’s control.
- Noise… when building a new home especially in a new development, noise can be an issue. In most cases the city or the county have noise ordinances set in place for time limits that construction can occur within.
- Traffic can also be a problem at times. Builders generally try to get all contractors to park on one side of the street to help out with traffic flow.
- Budget is always a concern when buying a home. It is very easy to go over your proposed budget with all the upgrades that are offered from your builder. Make sure to keep good records on what you are spending outside of the contract price.
- Overwhelmed with decisions…there are a lot of choices to be made when building a new home. Literally everything is custom picked from you the customer. Most builders have a designer whom they pay to help you through the process of selections. This helps guide you and gives you timelines on the building process.
- Building can be very stressful and a strain on relationships. These are big decisions that have to be made on a certain timeline and budget. So, be prepared to set back and enjoy the beautiful house turn into a home.
These are just a few inconveniences that can come along with the building process. Overall most people say the hassle is worth it in the long run. Your beautiful home awaits you!!
Call us! We have so much experience with new construction! 615.590.4209